Monday, January 25, 2010

Monkeybars

By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try. The world is beyond the winning.
- Lao Tzu

I find that I periodically check in with myself and have the same talk with myself... "Self, stop panicking that you won't be able to accomplish everything that you have set out to accomplish. It always gets done in the end. And you know this, so chill out and let go, trust yourself".

While the Lao Tzu quote above is always a nice, easy reinforcement to this discussion between me and me, there are a few others that deserve to sit in its company. All I have to do is read any one of these quotes, and I am reminded that everything always works out for my highest good in the end. Yes, I said always.

Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
- Raymond Lindquist

Creativity can be described as letting go of certainties.
- Gail Sheehy

Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.
- Author Unknown

No comments: