Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Conflicted

Tupac has been making very profound appearances in my dreams recently. Bizarre. What could that possibly mean? Today, I stumbled upon this Tupac quote. Normally, I would have skimmed right over it and not paid any serious attention to it, but becuase Tupac's role in my dreams has been lingering with me during my waking hours, I stopped, pondered, and now I sit with it.

"Everyone is at war with different things. Sometimes I think I am at war with my own heart."
- Tupac Shakur

I guess Rainer Maria Rilke understood his plight:

"Be patient toward everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves.. Do not search for the answers which could not be given to you now because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything... Live the questions now."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

No comments: