Monday, October 31, 2011

Les Essentiels: Octobre


The list of things that I adore about Automne in Paris is far too long for just one blog post. However, I realize that there is power in simplicity, so here is my attempt to boil it down to only ten.

1. Automne walks in Paris. The coloring of leaves is always beautiful, watching it happen in Paris is breathtaking.


2. Philosykos eau de toilette by Diptyque: fig leaves + fig tree wood + white cedar = perfect Automne scent. I seriously bathe in this.


3. The Artist's Way book/program: this 12-week program is guaranteed to clear out your pathways to allow more creativity into your life. I am currently on week four. Each week I have to take myself on an "artist date". This week's artist date was seeing silent film, The Artist. How apropos.


4. Isabel Marant oversized black blazer.


5. Julie and Aurelian's delicious restaurant by day/ charming wine bar by night. They tell me that its name is Invitez-Vous a Chez Nous (or something like that, meaning, You're Invited to Our Place). However, there is absolutely no signage signifying that there is any sort of name whatsoever. So we just call it The Red Bar. It is probably the single most inviting spot in all of Paris, so I suppose the phantom name is fitting.


6. A new haircut with light bangs.

7. Love from afar, like surprise packages of habanero hot sauce from Oregon and loving, supportive visits from Georgia.



8. A cathartic and magical evening with Bon Iver at the Grande Halle de la Villette.


9. Private dinner parties and wine degustations at Paris Terriors.


10. My writing group at Shakespeare & Co.




No comments: