Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Cimetière du Père-Lachaise - Paris

Today I ran in Père Lachaise Cemetery for the first time. I am not sure if that is a disrespectful thing to do or not. But it felt good. It was like a quiet, paved park, without kids. I no longer have a Luxemborg Gardens or a Jardin des Plantes in my neighborhood anymore. This cemetery is the closest thing to it in these parts. And I really like cemeteries, so there's that.

I found it auspicious that my playlist put Black Angels on heavy rotation.

It was surprisingly motivating to run in a cemetery. I thought a lot about not being able to run one day, and that made me feel like I shouldn't take movement for granted. Trippy stuff to think about on a run, really.

The good news is that I am really into a grey, stone, green color palette.


 And then I played a little game with myself that I like to call, "which one would I pick for me?". I thought this one suited me the best. Very Lady Stark, yet simple, with a place on top to grow kale.  Kale for visitors. No colorful flowers. Great idea.

Uphill.

Just about the only color in the place, other than green. I had to wonder why the family chose this particular one.

I hope I never find out that it is not okay to run in a cemetery. 

No comments: