Sunday, August 28, 2011

Le Sucre


(heart cake by Lily Vanilli)

Dear Sugar (Eng.)/ Chers Sucre (Fr.): Dear Sugar is an advice column that appears regularly (almost every Thursday afternoon EST) in the online magazine The Rumpus. Sugar’s identity is a secret, but her writing reveals her to be a woman of compassion, wit, precision and wisdom.

Although it is rare that I have gone through or am currently experiencing the same situations that her reader's write to her about, yet there is always something that connects with me on a deep, profound and heart piercing level.

The unifying theme seems to be resilience and faith.

If you have not read Sugar's column before, here is a great introduction:

Tiny Beautiful Things Column #64
Dear Sugar, I read your column religiously. I am 22. From what I can tell by your writing, you're in your early 40's. My question is short and sweet: what would you tell your 20-something self if you could talk to her now?
Love, 
Seeking Wisdom
Click here to see Sugar's response.

So, what would YOU say to your 20-something self about your life in its current form?



No comments: