Thursday, August 25, 2011

Les Essentiels: Août



Ten things that I can't live without right now:

1.New French experiences-- specifically Chinon, Loire Valley, Hôtel Agnes Sorel, Chateau de Coulaine, and dehydrated napkins.




2. Oversized Rolex watch with a black face. 

3. Converse Chuck Taylors with Bon Marche's black footies.

4. Downloads from iTunes.

(McNulty, The Wire)

5. Catastrophic events that open my eyes to a fresh, vibrant, liberating ways of living. (more on this later)


6. Faux Hermes Birkin picnic bag.


(ThursdayFriday "Together" bag on the Seine at sunset)

7. Uniqlo jeans and Uniqlo's free same day (and better yet--same hour!)  hemming service.

8. Crepe dinners in a rustic, over-grown garden in the backyard of someone's house.

(Dans un Jardin, Chinon, France)

9. Repettos molding perfectly to my feet.

(My favorite Repettos in the Jardin des Plantes)

10. My peeps back home who keep it real for me, encourage me to keep following my dreams, while watching my back and sorting through real world messes on my behalf.

What ten things make your August (Août) a little extra special?




No comments: