Friday, October 24, 2014

Dancing

I can't remember the last time I went out dancing. Maybe it was the all-nighter in Barcelona more than a year ago.  But I do remember rearranging all of the furniture in my Noyers living room to accommodate my friend Jay while he slithered like Kylie Minogue on the floor in front of the fire. Only to be followed by Madonna's Human Nature on my dining room table. It's the kind of dancing that can't be contained (see also, car dancing). Pouring off of your limbs in an empowering act, in an attempt to tell a profound story. Usually involving a cocktail, or five. 


Today I read a great interview with Robyn in the new issue of  The Gentlewoman

It took me down my own dancing memory lane, and resulted in a rabbit hole of YouTube activity. It was a toss up between her performance at JFK's Terminal 5, an outdoor strip mall or this...


Robyn clearly understands this type of dancing as evidenced at H&M. Yes, H&M. 


No comments: