Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Février: les cinq premiers

Wow. Hard to believe that I have been in Paris for two months already, The time is certainly flying. I still wake up every single day and pinch myself. Here is a small sampling of the Parisian experiences that made me smile during the cold month of Février:

1. Finding the perfect running trails through the Luxemborg Gardens.

And proof that Parisians are beginning to warm up to the whole exercise thing.



2. A VIP view of spring unfolding, which serves as a beautiful reminder that things always get brighter. (Hence the reason why spring follows winter.)



3. Realizing that Parisians have their priorities straight as evidenced by this Marais wine shop's window display. Just the essentials.
Later that same day I stumbled upon a perfect by-the-glass trifecta, at Le Baron Rouge, of 2006 Gaillac, Pinot Noir d' Alsace 2009 and Malbec for a grand total of 9 euros. As the good lord intended.


4. Free French classes at the Marie 5eme (a mere 3 second walk from my apartment)  filled with beautiful women from China, Venezuela, Vietnam, and the Netherlands. And lead by Veronique our lovely French instructor. (sorry no photo, you'll just have to take my word for it, they are all beautiful physically as well as energetically).

5. Oh and the shopping discoveries...

The final days of the Winter Soldes means extra % off already steep discounts. I found the last pair in my size of men's oxfords that I had been eyeing since I arrived.

The bonus was that French women don't "understand"  AllSaints Spitalfield (perhaps that is because dresses typically have four arm holes)  which means that I had the place all to myself. I was even able to find a spacious dressing room that I could comfortably try on all of my AllSaints finds. This is a true surprise as the Soldes typically draw crowds at the major shopping destinations like you wouldn't believe, which means dressing rooms are usually out of the question.



Only to be outdone by the scores I found later at the corner Pharmacie.  
Klorane oatmeal dry shampoo (I can now go an obscene amount of days between shampoos, pure bliss!), Avibon (full of Vitamin A and apparently it will keep my face, feet and hands young, soft, and blemish/wrinkle free), Homeplasmine (for dry, winter-ravaged skin), Vitamine C (because who couldn't use an extra boost of Vitamin C?), and OPI nail strengthener (since I haven't found a manicurist that I can effectively communicate with).

Here's to finding the pinch-worthiness in every day!

No comments: